1. What hard skills do you teach?
We offer training in all the key technical skills, including Python, R, SQL, noSQL/cloud, SAS, machine learning, data visualization, text mining, and statistical modeling. We also offer training in critical thinking, and applied analytics skills.
2. Is the CDS Bootcamp full-time or part-time?
The Certified Data Specialist (CDS) program can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on how quickly you’d like to make a change in your career.
3. What is the day-to-day like in the CDS bootcamp?
The full-time bootcamp offers an intensive, 12-week experience in which students attend classes from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday. Guest lectures, projects, career coaching, and networking events will be arranged. The part-time immersive program offers a more relaxed pace, meeting two nights a week.
4. Do you offer online programs?
All our training programs are run on-site from a desirable location in New York City in order to ensure the highest quality of instruction. Please join our mailing list to find out if we will be offering online programs in the future.
5. I can't come to New York City. Do you run programs in other cities?
We will expand into other cities in the near future. Please join our mailing list to learn when we will reach your city.
6. How is the CDS bootcamp different from an MS in Data Science offered by universities?
University programs are more technical, academic, and longer. Our CDS bootcamp is fully staffed by industry practitioners who teach street smarts. We welcome all majors, not just STEM majors.
7. What kind of computers do I need?
Any recent laptops running Mac, Linux or Windows operating systems.
8. Are international students accepted into your program?
No. We do not sponsor student visas.
9. Can I use a student visa to attend Principal Analytics Prep?
Yes, if you have an F1 visa or OPT status.
10. Do you offer a job guarantee?
No. We offer personalized career coaching to maximize your chance of finding relevant positions in data science and analytics. We recommend that you check out all fine print before you enter into contracts with programs that offer job guarantees.
11. Do you offer financing, payment plans or scholarships?
Presently, we do not provide any type of financial assistance.
12. Is there a deposit required to secure a place once accepted into the program?
Yes, the non-refundable deposit is $5,000 for the full-time program, and $2,000 for the part-time program.
13. Is your program accredited?
No. Most employers in data science and analytics recognize that specialized training programs like ours provide cutting-edge training in practical skills most relevant to industry positions.
15. Can I apply if I don’t have prior work/data experience or a STEM degree?
We strive to assemble cohorts with a diversity of skills and backgrounds. We’ve had success placing both STEM and non-STEM people into data science and analytics jobs. If you meet our requirements, please go ahead and apply. If you’re not sure, send us an email to set up a consultation with an advisor.
16. Can I defer admission to the next cohort?
Yes, you can secure a spot in a future cohort by submitting the non-refundable deposit.
Fill out this form: